Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Horrible morning

Ugh, I am never going to another Doctor's appt alone again! We had to go back to the eye doctor today for another check up on their eye development and I am happy to report all is good! But the wait before we got in was DREADFUL!! They both decided to have meltdowns at the same time. And I mean inconsolable meltdowns. Cameron kept spitting up everywhere so I had that to deal with too. I would hold one while the other screamed, then switch them out and it went on like that for about 30 minutes. To make matters worse, the techs kept coming out to dilate their little eyes so that just pissed them off even more. I actually started to get choked up because I was just overwhelmed with anxiety! EVERYONE was staring at me or giving me that "oh you poor thing" look and I was just over it!! I would laugh then cry a little then just laugh again cause I didn't know what the hell to do. AWFUL I tell you!! And to let you know, there was absolutely no reason for them to be upset. They just did not want to be in those car seats and did not want anything to do with eye drops. But I can't say I blame them.
They finally calmed down once we got into the exam room and they were perfect babies the rest of the morning. And they are FINALLY napping. Praise Jesus!!

1 comment:

D's Mom said...

Your poor thing. You are SHERA girl to be able to juggle 2. I am so glad that their eyes are healthy. Whew....