Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day....another look back





I guess since I am the only one who posts on here I will speak for Daryl and say that he had a good Fathers Day! On Saturday my mom, Dad, and brother all came over throughout the day to watch the boys while Daryl and I headed out with our friends to Disappearing Island. It was so much fun to be able to spend the day together without the boys...not that we don't love having them around but every parent knows a little time away from babies is a necessity to a marriage!! LOL! Our friends Tracy and Al invited us out on the boat for a day of floating, boating and a little adult beverage consumption. It was about 100 degrees outside so good thing we spent the whole time floating...although we were a little pruned at the end of the day! Gotta give a big thanks to my family for watching the boys all day:)

Meanwhile on Sunday we had the family over for some BBQ that Daryl had been smoking all day long. That was actually a treat for Daryl because he loves to BBQ!
The boys made Daddy a very special framed picture collage of themselves. They even finger painted the matt..well I helped out quite a bit but still!! I took pics of the boys holding the letters D-A-D and framed it so it spelled out DAD! (totally stole the idea from some other moms!) I think Daryl was very pleased:)

I had to post a pic of Daryl holding the boys back when they were in the NICU just to show how much has changed in the last year...WOW!!

No comments: