Monday, August 25, 2008

My big boys

We had a good 4mth check up today. Carter is weighing in at 14lbs 9oz and Cameron 13lbs 8oz. They have been a pound apart basically since the day they were born. The doctor assures me that this is pretty normal with twins and eventually they will even out. Carter might have viral pink eye...poor guy. His eye has been watering a lot and now its getting a little goopy in the corner. She gave us some drops for that. We also had our 4mth vaccinations today. NOT FUN by myself. The nurse had to help me console them afterwards. All I could do is laugh because they both gave me this really strange bird-like cry. Kinda like a "ka ka ka". I know it sounds weird but it was funny... you had to be there!

On a not so good note, we have to go and have xrays done on their hips. When the doctor was checking their hips and legs they both fussed quite a bit as she tried to manipulate the leg with the hip socket. Apparently you should be able to push their little legs all the way down and out with no problems. She said she would rather be safe than sorry so xrays here we come. I guess when a baby is breech you see this problem more than a baby who was not breech. And to be honest I have no idea who was breech and who was not because every time I had an u/s it was different! If there is a problem with their little hips they will have to wear a brace of some kind. I don't really know too much about it as she was pretty vague and I really don't want to worry if we don't need to. But I will keep you posted!

No comments: