Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Glucose Tolerance Test = YUCK!!!

I had to go and have my one hour glucose tolerance test today. YUCK!!! They make all preggie ladies have this test to check for gestational diabetes. You have to drink this Fanta-like drink minus the carbonation and probably 10 times the sugar. Honestly the drink did not taste that bad. But the problem came when the technician says "ok, you have 5 minutes to drink this." Umm, excuse me? No-one ever mentioned I was on a time limit to drink the damn drink. So basically I had to chug the stuff which I kept telling myself was a really cold beer. I don't think I made the 5 minute cut-off but she didn't tell anyone. Then you have to sit there for an hour and let your body react to the sugar. Side effects- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fainting- GREAT!!!! Thankfully I had none during the hour and she happily butchered my arm to draw the blood. Yes I say butchered because that was the most painful blood draw that I have ever had. Torture!

I tell you what, these boys better appreciate all this crap that I am going through for them!!! Yes I will be the mom who is always reminding them of all the crap that I went through too!! No walking 10 miles in the snow or anything, just 9 months of PURE HELL!!!! And a football season of no drinking. That may have been the hardest part!!

Again- who ever said pregnancy is a beautiful thing can.... well you know the rest!!!

2 comments:

D's Mom said...

OMG! You crack me up, I am about to Pee my pants!!! LOL BTW... you ain't seen noth'n yet!

Baby Trivi said...

Thanks for the reminder of how awful that test is! Boy, I cant wait!

:) ~Tricia